Is this for you?
It’s an important question to ask, because I want to make sure that if you choose to sign up for The Girl’s Guide to Web Design, you’re going to be totally, 100%, astronomically satisfied…and then some!
Let’s start by looking at what kind of people usually sign up for the course. Our students are everything from stay-at-home-moms to corporate go-getters to savvy grandmothers to college students. We’ve had doctors, pilates teachers, food bloggers, SEO consultants, and interior decorators take the course – and yes, even some men! Remember – all the material is delivered online, and you can work through the videos totally at your own pace, so you should have no problem working The Girl’s Guide To Web Design into your lifestyle or schedule.
If ANY of the following sounds like you, then you’re likely a perfect fit for The Girl’s Guide to Web Design:
- You have an idea for a site or blog you want to start, but you’re not sure where to begin (there are so many options, and they all seem overwhelming!).
- You have a site or blog based on a free theme or something you paid a designer/developer to create for you, but you hate how you can’t easily change its layout and look and feel. In other words, you’re locked in to what you’ve got, and you’re not a fan of that.
- You have some technical and web design experience, but you’re not sure how to get to the next level. You want a concrete, repeatable system for creating cutting-edge blogs and sites.
- You’re a graphic designer who wants to add website creation to the services you provide (thereby making more money and reeling in more clients!).
- You’re a VA (Virtual Assistant) who wants to pump up your skill set so that you can do things like code opt-in forms and lay out pages in interesting ways on your clients’ sites – not to mention create entire new sites on the fly!
- You want to become a professional web designer, but you DON’T want to have to sit in a college classroom three nights a week, learn outdated techniques and lots of theory, and then have to fend for yourself out there in the real world.
- You’re an entrepreneur who’s sick of having to find (and pay!) a good, reliable designer or “web person” every time you want to get a new idea or project online. You’d rather DIY it, dammit!
In a nutshell, GG2WD is for anyone who’s driven, creative, and ready to get seriously empowered when it comes to learning web design.
You’ll probably love the course if:
- You’re comfortable using your computer and making your way around the web, whether you’re bookmarking sites you like, downloading and unzipping files, or watching videos on YouTube.
- You wouldn’t be caught dead using a template or free theme that everyone else is using (or, you had to resort to using one in the past, and it kind of made you feel gross).
- You don’t do “generic”.
- You’ve got a head full of ideas for a blog or site (and maybe you bought a domain), but beyond that, you’re feeling stuck – OR, you’ve got a site or blog, but it feels lackluster, and you’re not sure how to punch it up.
- You know you need to learn to code, but the thought of trying to learn it give you the sweats.
- You feel blocked from your dreams by your lack of web design knowledge.
- You just KNOW you could be an awesome web designer, if only someone would show you a tried-and-true design and coding process.
- You’re sick of waiting around, and you’re ready to change your life forever with a rock-solid skill set that will take you places you never dreamed you’d go.
The course probably isn’t for you if:
- You consider computers to be an enemy, rather than a friend (if you regularly tangle with your email and other online tasks, you may find the course to be a bit too much to handle).
- You know you don’t have an eye for design (if you regularly tell people that you know nothing about design or that you “aren’t a visual person”, this is likely you).
- You’re looking for a basic “learn to use WordPress” course (I will point you in the right direction for these resources, but the purpose of this course is to teach you to design and code a custom WordPress site).
- You’re not feeling inspired, excited, and all lit up inside about getting a new blog or site online – or revamping the one you already have.
I can’t wait to introduce you to the magical world of web design! Click here to learn more about the course or to sign up today!